Product features of Yorkshire™
The Yorkshire™ hybrid mattress provides pressure relief and support, along with dry floatation® technology, which helps mimic the properties of water to provide an optimum dynamic positioning experience. Two pressure reducing, castellated foam zones are positioned at the head and mid sections of the mattress, maximising pressure re-distribution in vulnerable areas. Two Single Compartment Sensor Ready® cushions are positioned at the foot and top-mid section of the mattress, delivering skin and tissue protection, shaping to the body and moving with it and reducing shear and friction.
Our UK manufactured, high frequency welded, vapour permeable and waterproof mattress covers will ensure all relevant compliance to even the strictest of infection control protocols. We also provide non-slip bases as standard on all of our welded covers.
The high density foam base and walls offer total stability during side transfer procedures, to alternative seating systems or that of assisting stand transfer.
The foam castellation’s provide superior pressure relief and postural support, the channel cuts ensures the mattress provides a constant airflow around the patient, this airflow assists in controlling temperature and endeavours to improve comfort and the patient’s ability to sleep.
The Single Compartment Sensor Ready® sections of the mattress allow the body to move without resistance into the air cells as it’s cradled in a safe environment that delivers comfort and distributes pressure. The cells constantly conform to adapt to the body’s shape, and constantly move with the body, reducing shear and friction.
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover material – Aids infection control
- Fully High Frequency welded product – Prevents fluid ingress
- Fire retardant CME foam – Fully complies with British Standards
- Castellated foam surface – Ensures total comfort is achieved, whilst delivering excellent pressure re-distribution
- UK Manufactured product – Provides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically proven – Giving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
- Dry floatation® technology – Providing optimum dynamic positioning
- Cells conform to body shape – Reducing shear and friction as the mattress moves with the body
Technical information for Yorkshire™
|Risk Category||Very High Risk|
|Fatigue Class||Very Severe|
|Maximum Patient Weight||39 stone or 248 kgs|
|Mattress Dimensions||198cm x 88cm x 15cm (suitable for most hospital / homecare beds, although other sizes available upon request)|
|Mattress Weight||< 20 kgs|
|Foam Density||Insert: 38 – 40 kgs / m³ CME Base 38 – 40 kgs / m³|
|Nominal Hardness Range||Castellated Insert: 110 – 130 N CME Base 185 – 210 N|
|Mattress Cover Coating||210 – 230 g (options available)|
|Fire Retardancy Standards||Exceeds minimum requirements of Crib 5 composite testing (certification available upon request) BS7177|
|Warranty||3 year warranty|