The clinically proven Avon™ pressure reducing mattress has been developed using the very latest combustion modified ether foam technology (CME). This high quality product features a castellated foam surface, which sits on a sturdy “U shaped” foam base.
The pressure reducing, castellated zones are shaped smaller at the head and foot ends in order to maximise pressure re-distribution in the most vulnerable areas, whilst demonstrating larger castellation’s in the centre, so that the mainstream patient weight can be managed effectively.
The castellations not only provide superior pressure relief and postural support but the channels cuts ensure that the mattress provides a constant airflow around the patient. This airflow assists in controlling temperature and therefore endeavours to improve comfort and the patients ability to sleep.
The high density foam base and walls offers total stability during side transfer procedure, to alternative seating systems or that of assisting stand transfer.
Our UK manufactured, high frequency welded, vapour permeable and waterproof mattress covers will ensure all relevant compliance to even the strictest of infection control protocols. We also provide non-slip bases as standard on all of our welded covers.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover materialAids infection control
- Fully High Frequency welded productPrevents fluid ingress
- Fire retardent CME Foam
(Combustion Modified Ether)Fully complies with British Standards
- Castellated foam surfaceEnsures total comfort is achieved whilst delivering excellent pressure re-distribution
- UK Manufactured productProvides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically provenGiving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
- Risk Factor High / Very High Risk
- Fatigue Class Very Severe
- Maximum Patient Weight 39 stones or 247.7 kgs
- Mattress Dimensions198cm x 88cm x 15cm*
- Mattress Weight 13.98 kgs
- Foam Density Insert: 38 – 40kg / m³CME Base 38 – 40kg / m³
- Nominal Hardness Castellated Insert: 110 – 130NCME Base 185 – 210N
- Mattress Cover Coating 200 – 230g
- Fire Retardancy Standards Exceeds minimum requirements of Crib 5 Composite testing BS7177**
- Warranty 5 years