Its slightly profiled appearance and high density visco elastic base, combined with a polyurethane type gel surface technology. Provides outstanding pressure reduction, whilst offering cooling properties to the skins surface area.
Available in a high frequency welded, polyurethane, multi stretch, vapour permeable cover and safe non-slip base as standard. However, a black “spacer” type material is available for use in wheelchairs as required.
This product is applicable to multi-disciplinary environments.
Product features of Berkshire™
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover material – Aids infection control
- Fully High Frequency welded – Prevents fluid ingress
- Fire retardant – BS7176
- Specialist Gel & Visco Elastic Foam design combination – Ensures the very highest level of comfort and pressure re-distribution is achieved
- Gel interface surface – Provides excellent cooling properties whilst aiding skins micro climate
- Various sizes available – Compatible with most standard seating systems
- UK Manufactured product – Provides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically proven – Giving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
Technical information for Berkshire™
|Risk Category||High to Very High Risk|
|Maximum Patient Weight||26 Stone or 165kg|
|Cushion Dimensions||44 x 44 x 7.5cm as standard (other sizes available as special)|
|Cushion Weight||Approximately 3 kgs|
|Foam Density||Visco Base: 85kg/m³ (subject to model chosen)|
|Gel||Solid Polyurethane / Polyacrylamide|
|Cushion Cover Coating||200 – 230g|
|Cushion Colour||Purple top with blue base (also optional navy blue available)|
|Fire Retardancy Standards||BS7176|