The castellated CME or visco-elastic foams provide a comfortable surface for the incoming patients, whilst offering provisional pressure area care for potential long waits in A&E.
The multi-stretch, vapour permeable, high frequency welded cover ensures compliance with strict infection control policies in A&E whilst safeguarding the skin integrity of the patient through a reduction in shear & friction forces.
Product features of Sussex™
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable, high frequency welded cover with non-slip base – Aids infection control, reduces shear friction & improves patient safety.
- Concealed zip – Reduces possibility of fluid ingress on busy A&E wards.
- Covers can be easily cleaned & laundered up to 80°C – Complies with strict infection control policies in the high turnover A&E environment.
- Castellated foam surface – Ensures total comfort is achieved whilst delivering excellent pressure re-distribution
- Suitable for use in X-ray & theatres – Reduces manual handling for A&E staff.
- Fire retardant CME foam – Fully complies with British Standards.
- UK Manufactured product – Provides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically proven – Giving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
Technical information for Sussex™
|Maximum Patient Weight
||26 stone or 165 kgs – NB: higher weight limit versions are available upon request.
||Bespoke / made to measure service available.
||CME foam: 38 – 40kg / m3
|Nominal Hardness Range
||Insert: 110 – 130N
|Fire Retardancy Standards
||Exceeds minimum requirements of Crib 5 composite testing (certification available upon request) BS7177