Product features of Somerset™
The Somerset™ pressure reducing mattress has been developed from some of the most comfortable, high density, visco elastic foams available on the market today. When combining this high quality surface area with that of a Combustion Modified Ether (CME) foam base, our research and developments teams have created an industry challenging product within its class.
The temperature sensitive memory of the surface allows initial patient immersion, whilst the CME base slows the process creating postural support. As such and when combined, this encourages total weight re-distribution and excellent pressure reduction for the user.
Our UK manufactured, high frequency welded, vapour permeable and waterproof mattress covers will ensure all relevant compliance to even the strictest of infection control protocols. We also provide non-slip bases as standard on all of our welded covers.
With specialist design and use of multi-stretch material, enables the very best pressure re-distribution picture for most patient groups. Above is a true pressure map, relevant to the mattress design.
The material fabric is of such a design that the stretch characteristics contribute towards the reduction of shear and friction forces, whilst assisting infection control protocols.
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover material – Aids infection control
- Fully High Frequency welded product – Prevents fluid ingress
- Fire retardent Visco Elastic and CME Foam combination – Fully complies with British Standards
- Castellated foam, interlace surface – Ensures total comfort is achieved whilst delivering excellent pressure re-distribution
- UK Manufactured product – Provides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically proven – Giving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
Technical information for Somerset™
|Risk Category||High to Very High Risk|
|Fatigue Class||Very Severe|
|Maximum Patient Weight||39 stone or 248 kgs|
|Mattress Dimensions||198cm x 88cm x 15cm (suitable for most hospital / homecare beds, although other sizes available upon request)|
|Mattress Weight||15.99 kgs|
|Foam Density||Castellated Visco Elastic Foam Surface: 55kg / m³ CME Base: 38 – 40kg / m3|
|Nominal Hardness Range||Visco Elastic Foam: 50 – 55N CEM Base: 175 – 215N|
|Mattress Cover Coating||200 – 230g|
|Fire Retardancy Standards||Exceeds minimum requirements of Crib 5 composite testing (certification available upon request) BS7177|