The pressure reducing, castellated zones are shaped smaller at the head and foot ends in order to maximise pressure re-distribution in the most vulnerable areas, whilst demonstrating larger castellation’s in the centre, so that the mainstream patient weight can be managed effectively.
The castellations not only provide superior pressure relief and postural support but the channels cuts ensure that the mattress provides a constant airflow around the patient. This airflow assists in controlling temperature and therefore endeavours to improve comfort and the patients ability to sleep.
The high density foam base and walls offers total stability during side transfer procedure, to alternative seating systems or that of assisting stand transfer.
Our UK manufactured, high frequency welded, vapour permeable and waterproof mattress covers will ensure all relevant compliance to even the strictest of infection control protocols. We also provide non-slip bases as standard on all of our welded covers.
Product features of Norfolk™
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover material – Aids infection control
- Fully High Frequency welded product – Prevents fluid ingress
- Fire retardent CME Foam (Combustion Modified Ether) – Fully complies with British Standards
- Castellated foam surface – Ensures total comfort is achieved whilst delivering excellent pressure re-distribution
- UK Manufactured product – Provides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically proven – Giving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
Technical information for Norfolk™
|Risk Category||High to Very High Risk|
|Fatigue Class||Very Severe|
|Maximum Patient Weight||39 stone or 248 kgs|
|Mattress Dimensions||198cm x 88cm x 15cm (suitable for most hospital / homecare beds, although other sizes available upon request)|
|Mattress Weight||13.98 kgs|
|Foam Density||Insert: 38 – 40 kgs / m³ CME Base 38 – 40 kgs / m³|
|Nominal Hardness Range||Castellated Insert: 110 – 130 N CME Base 185 – 210 N|
|Mattress Cover Coating||210 – 230 g (options available)|
|Fire Retardancy Standards||Exceeds minimum requirements of Crib 5 composite testing (certification available upon request) BS7177|