Positioning to prevent pressure ulcers, making the bed, taking care of the patient’s hygiene and skin care needs, changing incontinence pads, post-operative drains – all of these procedures require turning patients onto their sides. However, doing so manually can be considerably physically demanding and might result in long term injuries for both the patient and the medical staff. Therefore, we have developed Latera Acute – a fully adjustable electric bed with a lateral tilt assisting staff with turning the patient.
The lateral tilt of the Latera Acute bed assists with turning the patient with the help of just one nurse and with minimal physical effort.
Early mobilisation of the patient helps to prevent complications associated with immobility. The lateral tilt helps the patient stand with ease, reduces physical effort of healthcare staff and the patient and increases their safety.
Construction features of the Latera Acute hospital bed, such as column units, mattress platform covers, etc., play an important role in preventing the spread of hospital infections.
The column unit of Latera Acute is patented. The bed’s unique construction base provides stability and guarantees continued functionality when loaded to 200 kg (safe working load).
Back rest autoregression
The autoregression of the mattress platform extends the pelvic area by creating extra space and thus helps to prevent pressure ulcers while enhancing patient comfort.
|External dimensions||219cm x 98.5cm|
|Mattress platform dimensions||200cm x 86cm|
|Maximum mattress height for single collapsible side rail
|Mattress platform height adjustment||43 –81cm|
|Maximum backrest angle||60°|
|Maximum thigh rest angle||46°|
|Trendelenburg/Reverse Trendelenburg position||+16°/-16°|
|Weight (dependingon equipment)||160kg|
|Safe working load||200kg|
Basic positioning and adjustments
- Height adjustment motors
- Lateral tilt motors
- TR/ATR tilt adjustment motors
- Backrest adjustment motor
- Thighrest adjustment motor
- Calfrest mechanical ratchet
- Bed extension mechanical
- Supervisor panel
- Foot controls
- Satellite control panel
Side Rails Concept
- Single collapsible side rail with a locking mechanism on the top
- Autocontour of 11 cm (retraction of back rest)
- Removable plastic head and foot ends E3 design with colour panels
- Powder coated HE/FE with colour HPL panels – E3 design
- HE/FE with aluminium framing with colour HPL panels – A+ design
- The column unit is patented
- The bed’s unique construction base provides great stability and guarantees continued functionality when loaded to 200 kg (safe working load)
- The single collapsible side rail with a locking mechanism on the top can be equipped with a mobilisation handle.
Castors and brakes
- Central locking of all castors from 2 points
- 4 castors ⌀150 mm Tente Motion
- 4 castors ⌀150 mm Tente Integral (O)
- Antistatic castor
- 5th castor (O)