This high quality product features a castellated foam surface with a very specialist heel management area.
The pressure reducing castellated central zone maximises re-distribution in the most vulnerable areas, so that the mainstream patient weight can be managed effectively.
The castellations not only provide superior pressure management and postural support but it’s channels are cut to ensure a constant air dispersion occurs around the patient. This process aids in controlling temperature when compared to standard mattresses and therefore endeavours to improve comfort and as such aids the patients ability to sleep well.
The ultra soft heel section is sloped in order to reduce pressure, whilst an alternative cut (left to right) of visco elastic foam, provides maximum comfort levels. By gently tapering the heel area, pressure is redistributed effectively onto the less vulnerable calf area, thus providing outstanding results.
Product features of Avon-Heel™
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover material – Aids infection control
- Fully High Frequency welded product – Prevents fluid ingress
- Fire retardant CME and visco foams – Fully complies with British Standards
- Castellated foam surface special sloped heel area – Ensures total comfort is achieved, whilst delivering excellent pressure re-distribution on the heel area
- UK Manufactured product – Provides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically proven – Giving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
Technical information for Avon-Heel™
|High to Very High Risk
|Maximum Patient Weight
|39 stone or 248 kgs
|198cm x 88cm x 15cm (suitable for most hospital / homecare beds, although other sizes available upon request)
|38 – 40 kgs / mÑ CME Base 38 – 40 kgs / mÑ, Visco-V60
|Nominal Hardness Range
|110 – 130 N CME Base 185 – 210 N, Visco-Soft
|Mattress Cover Coating
|210 – 230 g (options available)
|Fire Retardancy Standards
|Exceeds minimum requirements of Crib 5 composite testing (certification available upon request) BS7177