The clinically proven Herida Avon-Heel™ pressure reducing mattress, has been developed using the very latest combustion modified ether (CME) and visco elastic foam technology. This high quality product features a castellated foam surface with a very specialist heel management area.
The pressure reducing castellated central zone maximises re-distribution in the most vulnerable areas, so that the mainstream patient weight can be managed effectively.
The castellations not only provide superior pressure management and postural support but it’s channels are cut to ensure a constant air dispersion occurs around the patient. This process aids in controlling temperature when compared to standard mattresses and therefore endeavours to improve comfort and as such aids the patients ability to sleep well.
The ultra soft heel section is sloped in order to reduce pressure, whilst an alternative cut (left to right) of visco elastic foam, provides maximum comfort levels. By gently tapering the heel area, pressure is redistributed effectively onto the less vulnerable calf area, thus providing outstanding results.
***Please note this item will take 2-3 weeks for delivery***
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover materialAids infection control
- Fully High Frequency welded productPrevents fluid ingress
- Fire retardant CME and visco foamsFully complies with British Standards
- Castellated foam surface special sloped heel areaEnsures total comfort is achieved, whilst delivering excellent pressure re-distribution on the heel area
- UK Manufactured productProvides total confidence to user via exceptional quality and workmanship
- Clinically provenGiving peace of mind to nursing staff and patients alike
- Risk Factor High to Very High Risk
- Fatigue Class Very Severe
- Maximum Patient Weight 39 stone or 248 kgs
- Mattress Dimensions 198cm x 88cm x 15cm (suitable for most hospital / homecare beds, although other sizes available upon request)
- Mattress Weight 13.88 kgs
- Foam Density Insert 38 – 40 kgs / mÑ CME Base 38 – 40 kgs / mÑ, Visco-V60
- Nominal Hardness Castellated Insert: 110 – 130 N CME Base 185 – 210 N, Visco-Soft
- Mattress Cover Coating 210 – 230 g (options available)
- Fire Retardancy Standards Exceeds minimum requirements of Crib 5 Composite testing (certification available upon request) BS7177
- Warranty 5 years